How do I renew Snell Library items online?
- Log in to My Account
- Renew all items, or select and renew a few
- Check the new due dates to confirm that items have been renewed
How do I renew Snell Library items over the phone?
Call the Snell Library Help and Information Desk at (617) 373-8778.
Which items are not renewable?
- Items that have been renewed for the maximum period (Check your borrowing privileges)
- Items that have been requested by another library user
- Media items (DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes)
- ITS Equipment
How do I request renewals of items from other libraries?
Items borrowed on interlibrary loan will display as Resource Sharing items on the "myAccount" page in Scholar OneSearch. Renewal requests for these items are granted at the discretion of the lending library.
To request renewals for these items:
- Log in to Illiad
- View checked out items
- Click on the transaction number of the item you'd like to renew. You will receive an email telling you if the item can be renewed and for how long. (NOTE: each item must be renewed separately.)
General Renewal Guidelines
A limit on the number of renewals ensures that the collection is available to the entire community and allows us to identify lost and damaged materials quickly. The library reserves the right to block your account for failure to return books needed by other borrowers.
Contact us at the Snell Library Help and Information Desk
borrowing [at] northeastern.libanswers.com