- Degree-granting power extended to include B.S. with specifications.
- Acquisition of Botolph Building from the Boston YMCA.
- Acquisition of Huntington Field in Brookline.
- First year of football as a varsity sport.
- Dramatic Club formed (later renamed The Silver Masque).
- Northeastern University Corporation established, making the university independent from the YMCA.
- The College of Liberal Arts opens.
- College of Engineering accredited by the University of the State of New York.
- The Academy, honor society of the College of Liberal Arts, organized.
- Richards Hall, the first building constucted by the University, completed.