Authorized Users: means full-and part-time students and employees (including faculty, staff, affiliated researchers and independent contractors) of Northeastern University, regardless of the physical location of such persons, and who are ordinarily permitted to access Northeastern’s network from with the Library Premises or from such other places where Authorized Users work or study and who have been issued by Northeastern a password or other authentication. Users shall also include patrons not affiliated with Northeastern University who are physically present at Northeaster’s site(s) (“walk-ins”).
Authorized Users are permitted online access to the Database and may
· retrieve, display, save, or print text or search results or other information from CCA solely for the private use, instructional use, reserve use, or research us of the Authorized User.
· All other uses are prohibited without specific permission of the ALA, including but not limited to:
o (a) printing of multiple copies except for reserve use or for instructional use (provided no charge is made for the copies),
o (b) reprinting for publication, including course packs; or Web publication,
o (c) commercial or promotional use (i.e., use in connection with activities intended to generate revenue other than tuition), or
o (d) the systematic making of print or electronic copies for transmission to persons or institutions other than Authorized Users.
· Nothing in this Agreement/License shall limit the rights of the Authorized Users to exercise it is rights pursuant to the U.S. Copyright Act, including, but not limited to, Sections 107 and 108.
· All other rights not expressly granted are reserved to ALA.
· The Authorized Users may only use this online access in a way that conforms with all applicable law and regulations, and may not alter or modify any content.