Please report security violations or inappropriate behavior promptly to a security guard. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, users of Snell Library are required to wear face masks and maintain 6 feet of distance with others. Food and drink are not allowed in Snell Library. Visitors to Argo Tea are asked to enjoy their purchases within the designated area and not bring them into the library.
- Watch your personal possessions. Do not leave them unattended. We cannot be responsible for unattended items. See also: Lost and Found
- The Library has a security gate at its exit. If its alarm goes off as you are exiting, please present all books, laptops, and bags for inspection when asked to do so. This will help us ascertain why the alarm sounded.
- Mutilation or unauthorized removal of library material, furnishings or property is a violation of Massachusetts State Law (Chapter 266, sections 99 and 100). All such incidents will be reported to the Campus Police. If such an incident involves a student, a report may also be made to the Dean of Students, who may subsequently refer the matter to Northeastern's Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).
Responsible conduct is expected of all persons who use the University Libraries. People who engage in inappropriate, abusive or disruptive behaviors will be asked to leave.
- Please respect the right of others to study in the Snell Library. Disruptive devices, such as music or video players with headphones that leak sound should not be used in the library.
- The third and fourth floors of Snell Library are quiet study areas. Cell phone conversation is not permitted on the third and fourth floors. Please mute your phone or use it in other locations.
- Those who wish to work in groups, should please restrict themselves to the first and second floors, or use a Group Study Room, reservable in advance through the NUSSO system.
- The use of skates, skateboards, scooters, and bicycles in the Library building, on its loggia, or on the steps and ramps leading to it is prohibited for your safety and that of others.
- The use or charging of hoverboards is not permitted in the Library building per the Northeastern University Police Department.
- Animals other than service dogs individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, are not permitted in the Northeastern University Libraries.
Smoking is prohibited in accordance with University Policy, in any area of the Snell Library building or in any unit of the University Libraries, as well as on the steps and loggia of Snell Library. Failure to comply will result in referral to the Office of Student Correction and Conflict Resolution.